Simple Trust In The Lord

February 22, 2012

Inspiration, Soul Seeds

Psalm 131

LORD, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me.

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the LORD From this time forth and forever.

Matthew 18:3-5

“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child
is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.”

Soul Seeds…

I finally fell asleep last night with this Psalm. Sometimes the answer to our prayers and life really is just as easy as this ~ for us to maintain a simple childlike belief and faith in God.

There have been so many repeating “incidents” in my life and sometimes people might wonder why I’m not freaking out more or panicked when things continue to happen (even just daily hardships like everyone else has.) It isn’t because so much has happened that I’ve just turned numb although, I must admit, once in a great while I might wish I would :) It’s simply because I choose to have faith. That is just one of the many blessings that can come out of great turmoil ~ it can make our faith so much stronger and ultimately we know we need not fret. I may cry out to God or cry on a friends shoulder once in awhile, but once I’ve processed some of those emotions, I know I need not lose anymore sleep, because  I choose to believe all that He has promised us…

Matthew 6:25-34

That doesn’t mean that I may not suffer loss or feel pain again, but I choose to believe BEYOND that circumstance even ~ it is to believe that no matter what Satan throws at us, God will see good come from it and THAT is what I try to focus on. How about you?

May I be moved by my Father’s love and not by the world’s circumstances!

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments on “Simple Trust In The Lord”

1. linesbylinda Says:

Enjoy your writing!

2. linesbylinda Says:

trying to follow you on facebood wordpress won’t let me, lines by linda

3. Freedomborn Says:

Your message Jessie, is close to my heart, to Trust as Children is hard for us because of our abuse but Jesus tells us to ask and we will receive and so we ask and we receive…. He walks with us.

How are you my friend, are you feeling stronger, I have often prayed for you, my own life has had a few downs with accidents and loss but like you we seek our protector, our Spiritual Husband, our best friend and in Him we are strengthened as you shared… thank you for your uplifting message.

Christian Love Anne.

Thank you for your kind words Anne and you have remained in my prayers as well. I’m sorry for your hardships too, but grateful when it brings us closer to Him. May you be well and God bless you!

4. Freedomborn Says:

Hi again Jessie, just want to let you know I have chosen you for the Genuine Bloggers Award if you already have this Award then just feel blessed to receive it again. You have blessed me with your messages and friendship, I believe like the other Bloggers I have chosen you are very Genuine in what you share and this is my way to thank you and also to encourage you as God asks us to do. With this Award there is no rules at all as you will see as you read the Post it is all about encouragement. Thank you for all your encouragement and Support you have been a blessing to me and I’m sure to many others.

Blog Post – http://freedomborn.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/genuine-blogger-award/

Christian Love Anne

5. desirayl Says:

Truly that is one of my all time favorite verses it has so much nuggets and I love it I recite it allot..It gets me through those rough patches..

6. Iñigo Says:

7. mjray926 Says:

Such a wonderful Psalm. I love reading the Psalms and imagining what they sounded like with music! I’ve nominated you for the Sunshine Award. My post goes up tomorrow – enjoy! :)

I’ve imagined this about psalms too and its always been one of my favorite books of the bible. Thank you SO much for nominating me for the award as well and I can’t wait to read what its about :) Many blessings to you!

8. granbee Says:

Let us be held in our loving Father’s bosom and comforted as little children. He wants to much for us to engage in this type of relationship with Him as His very own, dearly treasured children. He is also our Good Shepherd through ALL the dark valleys!

9. Good News Devotions Says:

Yes I do try everyday to focus on the Lord for my every need.. I really enjoy reading your articles.. God has really blessed you with words… catchya later.. Blessings.. Bro Pat

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,824 other followers