A Love Letter

March 5, 2012

A Quest For Truth, Soul Seeds

Father God,

I wish to be so close
I can feel your breathe upon my face
That your heart may beat in time to mine
And I get lost within your gaze.

I wish to be so close
That your whisper is all I hear
Cradle me within your arms
Shelter me from fear.

I wish to be so close
To know the essence of your soul
With freewill, I submit
I surrender to become whole.

I wish to be so close
That we are one in time
That the end of me is the beginning of you
To know your love sublime.

Soul Seeds…

Is this a love letter to the Lord or to a spouse? As I was writing, my thoughts kept shifting back and forth from one to the other and I realized how one in the same they truly are. Within the context of marriage, it reminds me of how two individuals shall become one in Him. In my relationship with God, it brings to mind how we (as a church) are the bride of Christ and how the power of the Holy Spirit helps us.

It’s amazing to have such an intense desire to want to reach a level of intimacy with someone (including God) that you couldn’t even put it into words if you tried. Then I wonder if we can ever reach a level that feels truly sufficient enough in this lifetime ~ a level that offers us peace and contentment as well or, if it’s something that will always elude us, in order to keep us continuously seeking and striving for more…

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

22 Comments on “A Love Letter”

1. Saint In Training Says:

Beautiful poem! I couldn’t help but think of Isaiah 54:5 when I read this.

2. terri0729 Says:

Lovely Jessie!! Truly a beautiful prayer indeed and one I think we say often :) hugs, Terri

3. New View From Here Says:

Beautifully written. You should check out dversepoets and other poetry blogs to link your work to…inspirational poets are always wonderful to read!

Much appreciated and I’ll check it out! I’m sure I could benefit from more linking and writing guests posts – the time it takes is what I struggle with right now.

• New View From Here Says:

Understood…it can be very time consuming. I’m kind of new to blogging but I’ve been surprised at how easily I get sucked in and spend hours before I even realize I’ve done so! Great thing about the link is that on Tuesdays you can link any of your poems you choose, so it may not even require a new post! :)

Keep up the good work!

Yes, it is very easy to get so wrapped up with blogging that time can just escape me too! Thanks for further information – I’ll certainly check it out as that sounds easy enough to do :) Be well!

4. Iñigo Says:

Powerful prayer. Thanks for sharing :)

5. Derek Mansker Says:

Powerful words, really made me stop and picture what that intimacy with God is like.

6. poeticjourney Says:

Love it Jessie! Hope all is well on your end. God Bless :)

7. desiray Says:

Not sure who it could be for but one thing is for sure it is intense letter and words.

8. Vince Chough Says:

Great verse Jessie! Strong testimony as well. Thank you for being His instrument of grace. Many blessings, Vince

9. granbee Says:

That is indeed the idea–to keep us continuously seeking and striving for more–If we don’t keep “walking on the water” we will fall below the waves!

10. Good News Devotions Says:

Really like your Love letter.. Nice… Blessings.. Bro Pat.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,421 other followers