Trading Up!

March 10, 2014

Articles

Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good,
I was only being redirected to something better.

There really is no such thing as failure…
Rather, we are taking steps forward and gathering experience
that will help us achieve our goals and dreams in the future.

If you do not fear rejection, then you are free to take risks!

Don’t be offended by rejection.
Instead, let it strengthen your belief
that God has better things in store for your dreams!

change can be scary

Are You Willing?

Are you willing to trade up?
Are you willing to let go of what is good, to make room for what is better?
Or even to let go of what is better for what is excellent?

I read an article about this – about how God cannot bring more into our lives when we are clinging so tightly to the present and what currently is… and it makes sense. That doesn’t mean we aren’t grateful for what we already have… it’s about setting a higher standard for ourselves and each other. It’s about continued growth, which you can’t have without change. It’s about finding the positive in every situation and making your dreams a reality.

On The Road Again

I know those of you following on Facebook have been curious to know what’s been going on with us. Yes, we are on the move once again and traveling across country – big surprise right, lol! We are saying goodbye to the snow and cold once more and it’s back to warm weather, sun and beautiful beaches again instead. Can’t say I’m going to complain about it though!

Leaving Town!

We are safe and doing OK while enjoying the fellowship and hospitality of wonderful friends along yet, another exciting adventure. I really appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and as usual… what I can’t write about now, I will write about in the future. I will resume regular posting as soon as possible. In the meantime, I have been staying busy enough the past few weeks counseling with survivors of domestic violence and cult related activities.

It isn’t about the destination…
It’s about the journey!

Enhanced by Zemanta
, , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments on “Trading Up!”

1. scatterwisdom Says:

I wrote a post today after reading your post. King Solomon on Benevolence and Friends. It is about you. If you agree, I will use your blog as the source reference.

Regards and good will blogging.

I agree so much that I re-blogged your post my friend. Not only am I humbled, but you chose some scripture reference that I was led to about two years ago when I first began this journey, so naturally I was moved greatly after reading what you wrote. My heart swells with gratitude and my Spirit soars… I wish you success upon the completion of your novel and may you have a blessed journey!

2. Die Trying Says:

Cant think of anyone more deserving of this award. Please enjoy :) Blessings to you. http://dietrying999.wordpress.com/2014/03/26/in-a-world-of-balance-there-is-peace-and-justice/

3. lonestarjake88 Says:

Reblogged this on M-PK Domain and commented:
    This is a great article from Jessie Jeanie! She is one of the best here on WordPress!

4. lscotthoughts Says:

What a wonderful, inspiring post, Jessie, and I especially love the first quote about rejection and redirection! I haven’t been able to keep up entirely with all who I follow, but I wish you happy and safe travels and peace within…sending many hugs and blessings!

5. foreverhis777 Says:

Amen! I’m so glad God loves me enough to take away the things that I think are good and replace them with better ones.

6. Carol Balawyder Says:

Yes, change can be scary but it’s good to get out of our comfort zone in order to grow.
    Thanks for following my blog :)

7. Writing to Freedom Says:

Happy & safe travels. Brad

8. Finding Hope's Sunshine Says:

Wow, I really needed to hear this today. I am feeling lost and unimportant. I never feel good enough. I am waiting for something good to happen in my life and I feel that I have not accomplished anything at all. I am grateful for a husband and two boys and know that that should be enough. I am just feeling that there should be more to life. I hate critism and always fear rejection. I need to roll your words around in my head today and assimulate them into my life. Thanks Meghan

My apologies for such a delayed response to your comment Meghan, but know that I’ve kept you in prayer ever since I read it. You tugged at my heart strings and I just want to give you a hug… You know, there really is so much more to life, but sometimes it’s hard to find it. I really believe if you keep seeking – you will find what you’re looking for. Until then, and even if you don’t really think it right now, you have a “choice” to believe that you are very important and still needed in ways that matter most (first we make a choice, then we act, and eventually the feelings will follow…)

Please don’t quit the good fight and hang in there! Hopefully, it brings a measure of comfort to know there are others who’ve struggled with the same things you are and we can help each other by reaching out the way you have :) You’ve inspired me to write an article about this now too, so thank you. Many blessings, hugs and hope to hear from you again sometime! ~Jessie

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,578 other followers