A Babe In Christ, I Still Am

A babe in Christ…
I still am
so don’t release me, yet
back into the same secular world
with which I’ve just escaped temptation.
For awhile, I need to be protected,
hidden behind a hedge,
and cradled
as the babe in Christ that I am.
Do not push me from the nest
until I can fly.
Do not expect me to stand
without support.
I NEED your support,
your encouragement
and your protection,
now more than ever!
Until my own roots grow deep,
deep enough that I can stand in this world on my own.
Then, even though the winds of temptation may cause my branches to sway,
may they never tear me down again!

Soul Seeds…

It can be an exciting time to witness another person’s salvation form and take place, but the celebration and effort shouldn’t stop there. I think sometimes, we as a church, can be very supportive and encouraging to those who are still seeking to accept Jesus into their hearts, but then after they’ve done what we think is required of them, we can be too quick to move onto the next person.

This is what happened to me years ago and it was a very frustrating and lonely place to be. It felt like I was just another number and something that could be checked off the list like a completed task. New believers (babes in Christ) need the support, encouragement and guidance of their church and congregation more than ever, once they come to accept Christ as their personal Savior.

So if you know someone who is new to this journey, don’t forget that we’re supposed to be in it together, walking side by side, until we reach our final destination.

It is good to have an end to journey towards;
but it is the journey that matters in the end.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 Comments on “A Babe In Christ, I Still Am”

1. Shelly Says:

Becoming a Christian is all about relationships. It starts with your relationship with Jesus and should continue through your relationships with other believers. It should never be about numbers but relationships where people within the church connect with one another and engage in each other’s lives. I am so sorry to hear that didn’t happen for you. What a blessing you are to others as you seek to make sure they feel like they are more than an number. Blessings!

2. Lana Says:

It’s hard to draw the line between sheltering too much, and not not showing enough support.

3. secretangelps911 Says:

Love this post. I am also a voice crying out about abuse and I am so glad that I found your blog!!!! God bless you!!

4. sharpword Says:

Jesse I like this post, I Couldn’t find the like button so I had to Say it. God bless you!!!

5. spiritministries Says:

Blessings Jessie and congratulations, I have nominated you for the best moment award, go to my blog and see details. Hope all is well, many blessings to you and yours.

Michael,

Thank you so much for the nomination! It is always an honor and a blessing to be recognized in some way for our efforts (even though that isn’t why we do them.) Congratulations on being nominated yourself and many fruitful prayers for your ministry, my brother.

In Christ, Jessie

6. joseyphina Says:

God bless you for this post, Jessie!

7. spiritministries Says:

Blessings Jessie,
    What you said is nothing but the truth. I have seen it time and time again, many are more into numbers than true fellowship. Thank you for sharing this and keep up the good work. You are a true blessing. God bless you and yours.

8. Rick Stassi Says:

Jessie – I pray you know there are some of us out here who want to help be more Christians grow deeper roots. Nurture toward God with love and compassion. It breaks my heart to know some are left as mere numbers – but, I believe it. We are one. We are one Heart. We are one Body. We are vessels with Christ abiding. If there is One Jesus, the Bridegroom, then there is One Bride.

I sincerely pray for you now.

Lord, nurture and love Your child. Cradle her to a security unmatched. Feed her the Living Water that shall cause growth of a mighty tree that shall not sway. I pray for all like this who are left behind. We are not numbers Father we are Your children. I pray with compassion and love for those trying to know You better and come closer to You. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Thank you for this. It brings much to light. Always count on me for prayer. Our hearts are One in the Love of Jesus Christ. God bless you, dear sister.

Rick

“We are one. We are one Heart. We are one Body. If there is One Jesus, the Bridegroom, then there is One Bride.”

Well said brother and know that I have written your prayer down elsewhere to keep it close :) I appreciate your heart and support always.

Christian Love, Jessie

9. poeticjourney Says:

Well said, thank you for sharing! God Bless:)