When God Says It’s Time (Seeking new opportunities for a good cause.)

November 3, 2014

Articles

Don't shy away from God.

My friends, I still could use some help and prayer with this please. This past year finally brought the realization of just how much I’ve been struggling and what lays at the core of it all. I have been fighting things for so long… trying to remain hidden from God, from certain gifts He’s blessed me with, and where He continues to lead me.

Am I supposed to try to chase down the next opportunity? I haven’t done so, because I’m honestly not sure which direction to go now. What I do know is that many of the skills I have can be applied in many different areas. Besides working charities and fundraisers, I don’t have a stronger pull in any certain direction. I can apply the passion I have for life and people towards any good cause that I believe in. Perhaps I’m supposed to be more picky, but I’m not. All I know is that I’m always ready to jump in with both feet when the right opportunity presents itself.

Creative Personalities

It’s been said that us “creative” types are all over the map and have difficulty focusing. Personally, I really do enjoy so many different things that I could agree with that to a certain extent. But the flip side of that is, once I have a goal and know what I’m doing or where I’m going, all that energy and passion kicks into high gear. That allows me greater focus on a project than other personality types. So, like anything, you learn how to harness and draw good from something that could be overwhelming and negative.

Learn to turn a negative into a positive!

Make your Passion, your Dream!

They say if you follow your passion, you will be living your dreams and doing what you were meant to. I’ve thought about that so much over the past few years and the most specific I can be is that my greatest passion is for life and people ~ to love people! Speaking engagements, leading groups and raising support for a good cause seem to encompass those things really well. I’m not sure what else does. My next greatest passion is photography and obviously writing.

What would you do with those gifts? What kind of business would you start? What kind of job might you apply for? Staying independent, how would you market yourself? (I make a great PR specialist for others, just not so much for myself.) If you’ve followed my story these past couple of years (as much as is out) what would be your next step?

How I Got Here

A quick overview of my story is that after surviving some traumatic childhood events, I began working undercover as an independent operative for various law enforcement agencies. This isn’t a position I applied for or sought, but when it fell into my lap, I grabbed onto it with both hands. There was something so satisfying about helping victims in the greatest way possible ~ by taking people off the streets and out of leadership positions that didn’t belong there, so they couldn’t hurt anyone else again.

Then (for various reasons) about 2 years ago it was time for a career change and I really felt like I was supposed to tell my story. So, I started this blog, I had already been speaking for about 4 years prior, my poetry has been published nationwide since I was young, and I’ve been trying to write a book. Now, here I am. I’m not currently receiving as much financial support as I used to though, so I and need to do something different to pay the bills.

Some people have suggested I become a life coach, but I don’t think that’s the best fit. A motivational coach maybe? Many in the church who have worked with me have said I should be a preacher (like Joyce Meyers even, lol!) and while I was an evangelist for 5 years, I’m not sure that’s the right fit either. I will say I’m in a good position and it’s in my soul to be able to continue traveling and working with all different kinds of people and cultures everywhere.

What is My Ultimate Dream?

If you read nothing else, please read this!

Talking about things and going through them like this usually helps us process them better (at least for women, lol!) If I could wrap it all up into one neat little package, ultimately I’d have a travel blog for charities and fund-raisers. I would work for them, nationally as well as internationally, getting people excited about good causes to support. I would travel, blog and take pictures daily of everything leading up to and surrounding that event, so readers felt like they were actually there with me and a part of it. I realize that means becoming a guru at social media, but I know I could do that. I’ve done it plenty for others before (again, it’s just so much harder to do for yourself, as in self promotion.)

It seems this would encompass the things I’m most passionate about and all the gifts God has given me the best ~ people skills (which are strongest), speaking, writing, photography, advocating for a good cause, encouraging and motivating others, sharing my story so that others may see Him and experience His love, travel, etc. How does one start something like that though? Do I need angel investors still like I’ve had in the past, but for a different cause or reason? Could the non-profit I’ve always wanted to start represent such a thing?

Most people have something to sell, whether it be a tangible item or a dream, but they lack the ideas to bring attention to it. I’m the opposite ~ I don’t have any particular idea or product to sell, but I have tons of ideas on ways to raise money, awareness and bring attention to it. My people skills alone draw others in. Now that being said, please don’t contact me with any products to sell, lol. I really have to believe in something and be able to support it 110% myself to get others excited about it, and I can best do that with people’s hopes and dreams verses anything else.

Where to Start?

So, I’m still all over the map and could go in any direction, but I’m OK with that. It just makes it harder to go after something specific, so that’s where I will tend to wait until something presents itself. Once that happens though ~ watch out! I can take it from there and lead without a problem, helping others reach their dreams, which means achieving mine as well.

In the end, I would just go after my “ultimate” dream, but don’t know where to start. I’ve got lots of support, followers and a wonderful platform here although, I still need a new website where I can host advertising space (which would create residual income.) I guess it’s like my book where I’ve got all these stories, but can’t seem to put them together in a story format (beginning, middle and end.) I have signed confidentiality agreements with two different editors in the past, but our writing styles were too different, so they didn’t work out.

OK… Now I’m just babbling, lol!

You Are Appreciated!

I look forward to and really appreciate your prayers, thoughts and ideas my friends. While I may not get as many comments on the blog itself, know that my email box sometimes gets overloaded and it’s wonderful! I understand not as many people want it publicly known that they are tied to me or this blog, so that’s cool. I love how you get in touch with me though, so I really look forward to hearing from you regarding this post :) I’d really appreciate shares on this one to please, as it’s about seeking new business opportunities. Blessings!

One of my favorite quotes is,
“The great thing about turning 40, is there’s nothing left to be afraid of.”
I just love that!

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Comments on “When God Says It’s Time (Seeking new opportunities for a good cause.)”

1. Ellie www.newcreationsministries.wordpress.com/ Says:

I’m so excited to discover that you are now a follower of my blog, how great!!! I think you have a fantastic blog honoring our Lord and God has given you wisdom to motivate others in a mighty way, myself included. I so look forward to getting to know you better. Blessings,

Ellie ~ It is such a pleasure to be connected with you my new friend! Thank you so much for the compliments, and know that your blog offers much wisdom and inspiration as well, and I enjoy your writing. I really look forward to getting to know you better as well and am excited to see what the future holds. Blessings, hugs and prayers!

2. Gretiana Says:

I pray you become even a bigger blessing to your our world. You have blessed me too.

3. April Says:

I live in a world full of ideas and start, but don’t know what to do next. My belief–and I hope I reach it, is it all starts with one step. What is the most important to you?Take that first step, the rest will follow.

4. joseph elon lillie Says:

Some great thoughts and directions here. My life coach is always reminding me that the enemy of the best is the Good. What things in your life would you characterize as best and what good things get in the way of those?

5. osarobohenry Says:

Jessie, you are very right. When the Lord speaks, we have to pull off that garment of fear so that His purpose for our life can be fulfilled. Thanks for sharing and God’s blessings to you.

6. Treasures of Hope Says:

Love your frankness…thanks for sharing your heart! :-) First I notice you mention a few times that you will wait for an opportunity to present itself and you also ask the question if you should chase down an opportunity? Opportunities are around every corner and usually present themselves. Not every opportunity is the door God wants us to walk through. It takes prayer and discernment to know when to say yes and when to say no.

The best way to market yourself is tell people your skills in a normal conversation. Make some business cards about yourself. But mostly what comes to me is stepping out in Faith. From one Christian sister to another, most often God will require you to trust Him and He will provide the tools for you along the way. We don’t always have to have the answer up front. At times it may not make sense.

Some time ago the Lord gave me these words: “Don’t wait for God to work in order for you to move, you need to move in order for God to work”. What He showed me very clearly through these words is sometimes we are waiting for God to present something to us or do something for us to know it’s ok to move forward but what He wants is for us to move forward and trust Him and believe that as we step out in Faith He will begin to work on our behalf. It so reminds me of Abraham when God asked him to sacrifice his only son and he willingly stepped out in faith not knowing the outcome. What a scary scene to think about taking a knife and slaying your only child. Yet he did and God saw his faithfulness and provided a ram in his son’s place. The key word is He “provided” when Abraham “did” his part. It’s never going to be easy when we step out in faith, in fact it is very scary, but when God is in it the rewards are endless. If He has given you clear instructions then it’s time to start trusting that He will provide everything you have need of along the way.

My dear sister… It has taken me the longest to reply to your comment, because it’s made me think the most. I have come back to it several times to ponder and receive inspiration, so thank you! :)

Overall, I feel like I have been stepping out in faith with all this (writing, speaking, sharing my story) and it’s only because it hasn’t been as fruitful during this season (as it has been in the past) that I’m questioning things or wondering what more I should be doing. Maybe that’s where I need to continue to relax and have faith instead, as I’ve also learned the hard way that it’s all in HIS timing and not ours. I’ve also been an advocate of going after what you want though too, because I believe as well that it requires action on our part.

Knowing when to forge forward or change direction is the real challenge, as you’ve said. Discernment is one of the greatest things I’ve always prayed about for myself, because I’ve always seemed to struggle in that area, although most of it probably comes from the conflict of the profession I was involved in.

Anyways, thank you so much for sharing your heart in return and many blessings to you! HUGS!

7. clara54 Says:

Hi Jessie, your story sounds a lot like my own. Although I don’t have the experience in certain areas career wise, I have the experience, skills and knowledge in other areas. When I was forced to leave nursing after 30 something years, due, in part to to pre-existing medical conditions and disillusion about where nursing was headed (not good) and constantly butted heads with lesser experienced but higher degree nursing personnel who felt keeping counts of patient expenditures was more important than the actual care of the patient-

Needless to say, I haven’t missed the politics of nursing and so life as I’d always lived it changed. But, then, life is about change and we have to find a way to make it work for us! Not an easy task for sure, but as one friend in marketing advised me to do and I happily pass on to you: “Use your gifts to ensure your prosperity.” Every genre you have experience in, can bring you positive results when you keep your focus on your purpose. You have to find what you’re most passionate about, what can help relieve financial distress and just keep going at it!

I nominated you for the “lovelyblogaward.” You can read about the nomination here:http://wisewoman2.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/authentic-woman-blog-nomination/

Blessings,

“Use your gifts to ensure your prosperity.” I just love that!

I worked in nursing for about 6 years when I first started out and went through the exact same struggles as you have. It took me from working in facilities to providing private care though, which was a much better avenue and calling at the time. Have you ever considered doing that? It was one of the most rewarding times I’ve had professionally.

And thank you so very much for the authentic woman award ~ that’s one I haven’t gotten yet, and just the title alone is quite an honor :) THANK YOU! Many blessings to you Clara <3

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Cover Up That Mess! | Jessie Jeanine - August 27, 2015

[…] When God Says It’s Time ~ Seeking new opportunities for a good cause. (jessiejeanine.com) […]