What Makes You Think God Is Real?

November 8, 2014

Articles, Inspiration

How do you know there is a God?
Why do you believe He exists?

Personally, I was born into a family where so much evil was present, that I simply never doubted God’s existence. I remember thinking when I was only 5 or 6 years old, that if there was this much evil in the world, then surely there had to be at least that much good somewhere, too.

I can remember having thoughts that early in life, because my dominant arm had received several stitches at the time, only to then be broken and cast from my shoulder to my wrist, before the stitches were even dry.

I think too as a child, I witnessed and was victim to so much which was twisted and wrong, that thankfully it catapulted me to the extreme opposite side of life. I may have been born into all that what was bad, but I have chosen to live for all that is good.

Also, I’ve just always had this unwavering faith that I feel like I was born with ~ like it’s a part of my make up. It is something that, very honestly, has just always seemed to be inside of me. The bible teaches that “unshakable faith” is one of the many spiritual gifts, so I’m very grateful to apparently be blessed with it. I don’t believe I could or would have survived all that I’ve had to without it.

How do you know there is a God?
Why do you choose to believe He exists?

, , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments on “What Makes You Think God Is Real?”

1. Gretiana Says:

You were called from the womb. Jer 1:5. He chose you before you were born. Ps 139:15-16.

2. anonymousonetoo Says:

I believe that God is real because I have had conversations with Him. I know this because I have learned things that I had absolutely no knowledge of before I heard them from Him. This has happened to me on many occasions. I have written some of them on my blogs. Here are just a few. I do not expect you to read all of them… or any of them for that matter. I just put them out there in case you’re interested.

3. awindowofwisdom Says:

we have to know bad to know good and we have to experience darkness to see the light… but the shadow cannot exist without the light, therefore the light is in control of everything.

4. Anthony Baker Says:

That is an excellent, positive question! Of course, I could come back with some churchy, preachy, theological-like answer, because i’m good at that. But I know God is real because of when He speaks to me. Now, I’ve had the atheists ask me, “When does God speak to you?” I reply with, “When does He NOT speak?” I’ve heard His voice in rescues, sunrises, breath-taking views, the smile of a Down syndrome adult, a tornado, and lightning. I’ve also heard His voice in my conscience, when I’ve done wrong and know it, when I have something and someone is in need, and when my children have lifted up their arms wanting to be held. When, Jessie, does He NOT speak? AND, since I believe that the Bible is actually true, and that God can speak through His Word, I have literally – not figuratively – sensed His voice…and it was both scary and exciting at the same time.

I like the way you described your knowing. In another way, I, too, know that there is a God, if for no other reason than there HAS to be. Nothing else makes sense.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts Anthony and I couldn’t agree more :) I’m on the exact same wave length when you say, “Nothing else makes sense.” It just seems that easy and simple to me, too! Sometimes that can make it more challenging to help those who aren’t believers to understand, but I think you did a beautiful job here. He really is absolutely everywhere and how humbling it is once we realize it isn’t all about us. Hugs my friend! <3

5. floridaborne Says:

I still can’t understand how science can change theories with new information but some scientists still feel confident to say that there is no God. Until “science” can tell me without a doubt where the original source of the dust of life came from, I’ll continue to say that if science can’t tell us that, then science can’t tell us there’s no such thing as God.

You’ve been in evil’s unrelenting grasp while, in my lifetime, I’ve merely had a pinch of it. It takes a strong person to live “for all that is good.”

Agreed! To me… it really is as simple as just stepping outside. I don’t understand how anyone can look at mother nature and even question whether or not there’s a Higher Power. “Man” sure didn’t create any of it!

And I get comments about strength like that a lot. Thank you :) The irony is… I don’t know that I could feel any weaker. It’s all His strength inside of me. Hugs to you!

• thedarkwarriorproject Says:

Well those who follow the science ask you to prove he exists. and please use more then faith.

No one has to PROVE God exist. It is very simple ~ either you choose to believe or you don’t. The very definition of “faith” is to have a firm belief in something which the eye cannot see. It is a CHOICE. As Christians, no one has “proven” anything to us ~ instead, we have “chosen” to believe (often times for multiple reasons.) That’s also the whole idea behind God’s greatest gift to mankind ~ He loves us so much, He designed us with “free will.”

6. GodGirl Says:

I’m so glad your heart searched for the good in the midst of your dark circumstances. I can say the same. I always moved towards God, and he me. So thankful.