I QUIT WRITING

April 21, 2015

Articles

I quit!

~Jessie Jeanine

, , , , ,

13 Comments on “I QUIT WRITING”

1. paulettemotzko Says:

Hello Jesse,
    Paulette hear from totally inspired mind. All I can say is don’t quit. two words that go a long way in this world. sometimes we go through things in our life we don’t understand, but pray expert guidance, and press forward. ask for strength and whatever you’re going through. I’m sorry that you’re going through trials and tribulations in your life. But don’t quit. Paulette L Motzko

2. Steven Sawyer Says:

Dear Jessie,
    I am so grateful for all the things we’ve shared over these past three years. I can relate to being discouraged and deciding not to write any more. Two summers ago I took a three-month sabbatical from writing my blog. I had great communion with God during that time and He showed me a lot about Himself and about myself. You have been such an encouragement to so many people, victims of abuse and more. I’m sure I speak for many when I say I will miss your voice. Only you and God will know when or if you are ever ready to return to these pages. I know for many years I tried to be a good husband, good father, good Sunday school teacher, good writer, good volunteer, good worker–all under my own steam with my own agenda. It did not work and my life frittered away into a dismal abyss of doubt and discouragement. You have worked hard to help others. Sometimes when we help others too often and spend too much of our energy doing so, we leave ourselves in the ditch beside the road, bloody and hopelessly dismayed. I’m sorry you are there now. I will pray for you. Not that you will return to writing on these pages (although selfishly I would like to see you return some day). But I will pray that God can nurture you, heal you, comfort you and restore you to the woman of God He wants you to be.
    Your brother in Christ, Steven

3. tonyasmithauthor Says:

So sad to hear you are leaving the writing and blogging world Jessie. You have so much to offer others and will always be an inspiration. You have changed the lives of many for more than just the present. Thank you for all you have given us. Hugs and love to you my friend! May GOD bless you. You have given so much hope to others.

4. Gretiana Says:

I don’t want to lose you Jessie. What is happening? you are such an inspiration to me.

I don’t know how to give others what I don’t have anymore. Things like hope, faith, inspiration… I’ve also always been so busy giving and taking care of people that I never learned how to take care of myself first and now I’m suffering the consequences in ways that I can’t seem to rise above anymore. It’s more than disheartening to devote one’s life in such ways, but then if you ever need the help… Let’s just say that if you’re known to be strong and capable, it’s what people expect and even learn to rely on. That’s great and all except many will take advantage of such qualities too, not caring if they hurt you or mess up your life in any way, because they know you’re a fighter who doesn’t quit so you’ll bounce back and figure out how to take care of it somehow. It’s hard not to feel taken for granted and like a victim all over again. And yet, at the same time, I know it’s continuous struggles like these that can be used as a testimony of His continuous grace, they require a continuous deepening of our faith, renewing of trust, etc. This has been my life, but I’m so very tired. I appreciate your comment Gretiana ~ thank you.

5. Debbie Says:

Hugs and prayers. Sometimes it is darkest before the dawn. Praying for God to open up an avenue of light and hope for you. God bless!

6. theoldfellowgoesrunning Says:

Nice to see you back here Jessie. The quitting part, I would just like to know more detail. Sometimes there are excellent reasons behind a decision. Sincerely hope you are okay!
    ~Carl~

Hi Carl and thanks, but there are no good reasons other than I’m tired and have lost hope. I didn’t disappear this time to work another case (well, not exactly…) After 3 years of this I guess I’ve lost my inspiration. I’ve loved every second of it, but just can’t see the point anymore. And as much as I’ve tried to encourage others, I’ve been trying to encourage myself, but that doesn’t work anymore either. I’m tired of fighting so hard just to survive.

• theoldfellowgoesrunning Says:

Awww, Jessie, thank you for being honest. It has been a rough road for you. Please make sure you take care of yourself. That would be your priority right now. It does sound like a compassion fatigue, constantly giving out, and building up others, there is nothing left in the well for yourself. This is something I battle with a lot as a minister, and I HAVE to step away at times to recharge. My verse I will be speaking on later this morning…..Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go”.
        Thank you for sharing so honestly, I respect you so much as a friend for this. You are a very precious person in God’s eye’s (and my eye’s as well) :)
        Take care my friend!
        ~Carl~ xx

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Beautifully Broken | Jessie Jeanine - April 23, 2015

[…] you’ve continued to stop by regularly. Then surprisingly enough, my last post saying that I quit writing brought just as much traffic as the story Kidnapped once did. Instead of getting a bunch of […]