Why Do You Follow Me?

October 7, 2015

Articles

Honestly... Why do you follow me?

, , , , , ,

24 Comments on “Why Do You Follow Me?”

1. CV ARISTON KUPANG Says:

For a centimental reasson ….

2. anonymousonetoo Says:

I follow you because your warmth comes through in your writing. You are a very warm soul.

3. Jessie Jeanine Says:

Absolutely and agreed! Share and share alike :)

4. Cherilyn Clough Says:

I appreciate your candidness about life’s ups and down and past trauma. I am a firm believer that we all have a story to tell and we heal our selves and each other when we share our stories. I have enjoyed your poetry and stories. I hope you are not discouraged. It is a hard world out there and we have to shelter each other in love.

• thephotographyconfidential Says:

This is such a nice comment!! I totally agree. Here’s to supporting each other and sharing stories!

“To shelter each other with love…” Talk about poetry, you couldn’t have said that more beautifully Cherilyn! ♡ And no, I’m not discouraged at all. In fact, I’ve been very inspired lately, so my apologies that this post obviously came off wrong, lol. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and I appreciate the compliment! Many hugs and blessings to you my friend :-)

5. tonyasmithauthor Says:

I follow you because you are real and share your true thoughts and feelings. You stand up for your beliefs. You want to sincerely help others in their own pain and struggles in life and you want to make a difference. You are an inspiration and a blessing to me and I consider you my friend.

I definitely consider you my friend too Tony and have been very grateful for our connection. You’ve always been very encouraging and supportive ~ Thank you so much for your sincerity and your heart as well. Sending you many warm thoughts and hugs across the miles :)

6. Susan Irene Fox Says:

Havin’ a bad week? Hang in there, Jessie. It gets better. ;-) <3

Oh, no! I didn’t mean for it to come off like that, lol ~ I’m so sorry! Actually, my weeks been absolutely incredible! I wasn’t asking as if in disbelief although, looking at it now I can see how it might be coming across as that ~ Oops! Maybe I’ll change it up a bit… Anyways, thanks Susan and hope all is well with you too my friend :)

7. Dale Ingraham @ Speaking Truth In Love Ministries Says:

Hi Jessie,

My wife, Faith, is a survivor of many years of sexual abuse by her father, who was a pastor at the time. We started a ministry in 2007 to try and raise awareness in the church about abuse. I follow you and many others who are addressing this issue so that I can be better prepared to speak about abuse to those in the church.

Thank you for all that you do.

Dale

Oh wow… First of all, my sincerest and warmest hugs to your wife Dale. Especially for her courage and willingness to speak out now and not allowing it to silence her anymore. As Christians, we are taught to forgive, but that doesn’t mean we forget, nor does it mean those responsible shouldn’t be held accountable for their actions.

Part of my own testimony that I haven’t written about much yet, includes how all types of abuse (not just spiritual) reside within the walls of the church too… And all in the name of Jesus, of course, according to those who are guilty of it. I too, went through something so severe within the church that it threatened to tear me from God’s hands twice. But, much like your wife seems to have learned, I let it draw me closer to Him instead which, over time, has only proven to strengthened my faith and belief verses destroying or diminishing it.

I’ve checked out your sites and what a blessing the two of you are ~ Working as a team to reach out and educate people about something, in a place, where it still seems so taboo that many refuse to even address it. I’d also like to recommend one of my favorite blogs called, “The Abuse Expose’ With Secret Angel” as a resource and wonderful place of inspiration as well.

Many blessings and warm thoughts to you both, as you continue along this journey. Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance with your ministry. In Christ, Jessie

8. The Story Reading Ape Says:

Why NOT follow you Jessie – you write great posts :D

9. Gretiana Says:

You’ve got some nice stuff to share. I’m inspired and encouraged by your life and testimony.

10. soulblindministry Says:

I follow you because you are seeking answers and you are willing to make positive changes though it scares you. Doing something that’s hard is not for the morally bankrupt but for those that live richly in the pursuit of truth. You prove your strength each day you refuse to give into the fear that haunts you from all you’ve been through. I’m proud of you and I find you wonderful.

Such a beautiful compliment… Thank you! It’s great to know what others are getting from it, seeing, or hope for ~ It’s like validation that makes it all worth while :)

11. Janni Styles Says:

I follow you because I like and believe in everything you stand for :) Thank you <3