Our messy live’s hold so much beauty once we get through the tears and yet, even within our tears there is much beauty to be found…
There is beauty within our struggles
And our sweet and tender tears
Each one that’s shed, like raindrops fall
To cleanse our heart, erase our fears.
Bittersweet, revealing souls
For all the world to see.
Only then can we truly know…
Depth and beauty, not otherwise seen.
There is so much beauty to be found in the messiness of our lives; and it’s absolutely amazing how one path can lead to another without even seemingly being related.
So, as everyone knows… I don’t normally cry in front of people, but these past couple of weeks, your generosity and response to our circumstances has brought me to tears once again. And it just keeps getting better my friends! For, as difficult as it can be to get ‘settled’ in California, I think there’s a common bond of understanding when people move here which draws all of us together in real ways to help each other out. We’ve been fortunate enough to experience your West Coast hospitality twice now and we’re very grateful!
Know that we’ve had to fight very hard to get what we want and go where we’ve been though, just like a lot of you. My entire life has been like that however, where nothing has come easy, so I’m not the type of person who takes things for granted, nor do I expect something for nothing.
Bless Our Mess!
So, in the last post, I shared some of the struggles we’ve encountered since our arrival this time, but now I’m going to share some of the blessings too, because once we’re willing to look for it, we can find positives in every situation. No matter what your circumstance, I guarantee there is good which can come from it, whether it benefits you directly or someone else. That’s because if you let Him, God will create something beautiful from every kind of mess imaginable (no matter how trivial) and make it a blessing to be used for His purpose and the greater good.
- Between the roommate struggles in SB, more online dating, and the criminal investigations we were personally involved with, in a round-a-bout way, it all led to re-establishing and gaining even more law enforcement/government connections, especially around the L.A. and N.Y. area which has led to another string of contractual discussions.
- Even though it took a couple grueling months to search for our new place and it was a mess coming in, it turned out to be just enough of exactly what we needed, in our sought after area, with awesome owners. Doing business with such wonderful people is always a huge blessing :)
- The u-haul company messed things up so bad during our move that we wound up being blessed by them as well while things sat in storage for a couple of weeks. Then one of our new neighbors got a great group of people from her church to help us get moved in when the time was right.
- While change can be tough, my daughter is much happier and less stressed at her new job than where she was before. Plus, she finally got a new bike!
- Not only did the DMV grace the situation with our vehicle, but we finally found trustworthy capable mechanics that blessed us more than I can say, and are the sole reason for our continued transportation. You guys are awesome!
- Regardless of how some things turned out for the long-term, we’ve been very blessed in having most of our immediate needs met.
There are dozens of little things like this that happen to us all the time. No sooner does something bad happen, that something good happens too! Perhaps it’s by design, because it tends to keep one in a constant state of both prayer and gratitude. My favorite part of going through the entire process though is the friendships which are being created ~ They are bountiful. These tough and challenging times have become wonderful opportunities to meet some very kind and sincere people whom we wouldn’t have otherwise connected with. I’ve made some genuine friends and found ways to serve just because of the places I’ve had to spend so much time at while trying to get things done. It’s helped us become a part of the community again and make some business connections as well.
Quite often too, what may seem like a curse or bad luck at the time, winds up being a blessing in disguise. I can absolutely see how, this thing happening over here (whether it be good or bad) actually protected me from something that wouldn’t have been good for me over there.
Don’t you just love how things work out?!
Of course, that doesn’t mean things always go the way we want them to either, as we’re still short of our $600 goal and my bed situation remains very difficult, but I also realize how little notice I gave this time too (sorry!) Regardless, somehow I just know that it’s all going to work out and we’ll be OK still, even in the trivial matters. In fact, I believe it’s going to be even better than “just OK” this time around. I have absolutely no doubt that we’re right where we need to be in order to get to where we’re going (if that makes sense.)
My point is that being a believer and having faith doesn’t mean we’ll get everything we want or have all our prayers answered in the ways we’d like. It simply means that we trust God without reservation to have, and act, in our best interest and in that of the greater good. While I may not understand what that means in the grand scheme of things, I can choose to look for the positives especially when things don’t go my way, and find comfort in knowing that He’s got this.
Btw friends, thank you SO VERY much for all your help and prayers! Everything… From your donations and referrals, to the encouragement in your emails, have all been super wonderful! We really appreciate your help in getting settled again.
You know, perhaps it is only once we become so broken that there’s only a puddle of tears left that we can truly start to rebuild. For, it isn’t until we learn how to let go of all the broken pieces of our lives that there can be room for new ones.
what we learn and who we become in the process of waiting
is even more important than what we’re waiting for.
Remember… Our messy lives are not excuses, they’re examples!
Now, how are you going to respond?
P.S. If we are no longer connected it’s because another sweep was ordered since leaving SB. If you’re one of our adopted families across country, just know how much we love you and never forget how things always work out for the greater good. Also, thanks for your patience as I get back into the swing of writing and being online again!